How to apply lost driving
How to apply for a new driving license after losing the origional license
- 32 Views
- Last Post 2 weeks ago
Easy to follow guide to apply for a new duplicate driving license if you've lost or misplaced one. (Get a new driving license hassle-free)
Lost your driving license? Misplaced it somewhere and now you can't find it? Well, not being able to find your driving license can be overwhelming but you'll be happy to know that you can apply for a duplicate one. Now there is a list of certain easy steps that can be followed to apply for a duplicate driving license.
In case you lose or damage your original driving license or if it has been looted or mangled, you can get one duplicate driving license from the same regional transport office that issued your Driving license in the first place. You can now apply for a duplicate driving license both online as well as directly at the regional transport office without any nuisances.
Documents required to apply for a duplicate driving license
An FIR stating the loss/theft of the driving license. (in case you lose your driving license or it gets stolen)
Surrender your original driving license. (in case your driving license gets torn, destroyed, or spoiled)
You have to separately apply for the clearance of the Challan report and then submit it. (This Challan report specifies that the person applying for the duplicate driving license do not have any postpaid bills or tickets adjoined to the driver's license)
You have to fill up an application form called the "LLD form". (This form is usually filled up for providing the information related to the loss or damage of driving license and applying for a duplicate driving license)
All the license owners are advised to keep a photocopy of their driving license as there are certain details mentioned on it that might benefit in tracking the lost one from the documents.
(Details of the driving license
Address proof documents for reference
Age proof documents for reference)
Steps to apply for a Duplicate Driving License online are:
1. Fill up and submit the LLD form.
2. After filling the form up completely, take a printout of it. (keep one printout with yourself)
3. Submit the LLD form to the regional transport office from where you applied for your original driving license. Submit all the essential proofs and documents. (You would not be obliged to take a driving test again to get a new duplicate license)
4. Once you have finished all the required formalities, the new duplicate driving license will be delivered to your registered residential address through post.
5. You will also be provided with a receipt which you can use as a driving license, for the time being, and eventually, your new duplicate driving license will be delivered to you after a few days.
Steps to apply for a Duplicate Driving License offline are:
1. Visit the regional transport office that allocated your original driving license. Fill up the LLD form and attach all the required documents mentioned in the form. (Officers in regional transport offices can ask for the additional documents depending on the purpose of applying for a duplicate license.)
2. You will be required to pay a little fee to get a new duplicate driving license. You will also be provided with a receipt which you can use as a driving license, for the time being, and eventually, your new duplicate driving license will be delivered to you after a few days.
3. The new duplicate driving license will be delivered to your registered residential address through post.
Information required to fill up the LLD form
•Full name and address of the owner of the driving license.
•State the reason for applying for a new duplicate driving license. (If the license was torn apart, misplaced, spoiled, or destroyed, you would be required to mention the circumstances that led to the loss of your driving license)
•Mention the number of the driving license, class of vehicle for which the driving license was attached, name of the driving license owner, licensing council, and the expiry date of the driving license.
•Submit a declaration stating that your driving license was not confiscated by any of the authorities.
•Once you are done with filling up all the information, sign on the application form and enter the place and date.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Q1. Will the validity of my driving license change after getting a duplicate license?
Answer. No, the validity of your new duplicate driving license will not change. It will be the same as your actual driving license.
Q2. Can I apply for a duplicate driving license from any regional transport office?
Answer. No, you can apply for a duplicate driving license at the same Regional Transport Office from where you got your original driving license.
Q3. Do I need to undergo a driving test again in order to get a duplicate driving license?
Answer. No, you will not need to give a driving test again to get a duplicate driving license.
For more information go to Ministry of road transport & Highways